Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthday Wishes and Love

Yesterday was my nephew Keith's Birthday. Happy Birthday! I was able to sneak up to his house on Tuesday night. I helped Grandma decorate the living room and make little flags for some birthday cupcakes for school. He got a kick out of waking up to a room decorated just for him. This past Sunday we had a family get together and we celebrated his birthday. I got to play with the nieces and nephews; I taught them how to play Sardines and in return they taught me Virus and Ghost in the Graveyard. There was a lot of running involved
(I'm still out of shape).


Birthday Boy and Lou (Juliet)

Ryan and Sophia

The Three Musketeers

Bubie (Spencer)

Binnie (Evelyn)


Bubie, Jim and Jen (I love this picture)
Ricky and Mikki (sillies)

September 17th marks another important date for Mike and me. It is the day we were sealed for TIME & ETERNITY in the Los Angeles Temple. It has been wonderful so far, I can't imagine how much JOY being bound FOREVER will bring. I feel I am in much debt to my Heavenly Father for the blessing that Mike has been in my life, and I'm ever grateful. On Wednesday I went alone to pick up Jonathen from School. On the way home he gave me a little interview. First he asked about dating, which led to him questioning me about how I knew to marry his Daddy. I explained to him that I had never met anyone like his Dad before. I told him that adversity sometimes drives people away from God, but that for his Dad, it had made him closer to God than ever before. I told Jonathen that his Dad had to rely on the Lord for Strength, and that he had been through a lot for being as young as he was. This had caused him to have a great passion for life and the will to be ever grateful and righteous. That's what I fell in love with. I told Jonathen how blessed we both were to have such a wonderful person in our lives. I love you baby!

2 comments:

Jean said...

Hey guys! I just tracked down your blog -- awesome! It was fun Greek-Festing with you yesterday evening! :-)
-Jean & Tim

Jeanette said...

So glad you have rejoined the land of blogging! What a fun summer! I love Yosemite...so majestic! Congratulations on your sealing anniversary. What a unique experience those able to be married in the temple have. I hope your studies are going well!!!