Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween

It's already October (I mean it's practically over), only two months 'til Christmas. Time flies when you're having fun or busy. Not that I'm not having fun, but it just seems like I’m so busy and just going from one thing to the next. I struggle so much when I’m busy, just making the time to take in the little moments instead of rushing right past them when you have lists of things to do. I have to focus hard and find ways to remind myself. Well last night was one of those times. Rushing all day trying to get things done, manipulating time to squeeze the things on my list, I have to pause and enjoy. We had our annual Halloween party last night. Don’t be offended if you didn’t get invited, it’s like Christmas where it is a family thing (That’s right, Tom Gilstrap has been adopted into our family since before Mike and I were married). We have been hosting the Halloween party since we lived in our teeny apartment. Mike and I love Halloween, so it just came naturally. We have been working hard to get things ready, or it just seems like it because we are so busy right now with other things, that so much more effort seems to be what it takes.
I was running around last night and during each activity I made sure to pause and take it in. I had to realize that the next time I see these little ones in their costumes they’ll be a year older, there will most likely be new additions to the family, and more will be
passing me up by height.
They are growing by the minute and I don’t get to see them as often as I would like, not even my own Jonathen. Some family members are so far away that they weren’t even able to make it. I love watching the cousins get older together and love each other. I love talking to my in-laws and having my brothers there too. I had so much fun! I am so grateful for all the work everyone put into to it. Especially my sweet-no-sleepy husband, my friend Krisha , and my brothers Sam and Jorge.








1 comment:

Kjelstrom Family said...

What a fun time! I am so happy I found your blog. I got caught up with your brother and Shaun's party last month. We hope you are doing well and would love to get together after things slow down a bit for you!! Take care!!
Love,
Natalie