Sunday, July 26, 2009

A Little Catching Up

So I have missed a couple of things I wanted to catch up on. There seems to always be so much that I want to make sure and remember while they are still fresh in my mind. This blog is and has been a place for me to record our family happenings so I can come back to them later.

This Summer, on Doctor's orders, we actually didn't do any camping or hiking :( Instead we rented a beach house in Newport on the Balboa Peninsula and sat on the beach everyday. I can't go to the beach and not get in, so I spent many hours swimming in the ocean with a big belly. We planned our little get away with a BIL and his family which was heaven for MJ. We had to find a place last minute and at one point we were really discouraged and thought it wouldn't be possible. And then we found it, the perfect little get away two short blocks from the beach (I pretty sure walking down our drive way is longer) and the perfect size for our two families. There's nothing better than getting up, eating breakfast, spending all day at the beach, eating yummy food and staying up late watching some good movies (like JAWS). And Repeat. I have loved going to the beach since I was very small. There is something so relaxing about being by the ocean and swimming in the water. The sound, the color and the smell is so soothing to me. I do think that they need to come up with a body board built for pregnant bellies (can you imagine), I did miss that this time around.






5 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh Lilian you are SO CUTE pregnant! I need to see you! I'm glad you got to go to the beach. It sounds like you guys had a great time. I actually haven't gone since I went with you last summer!

Lindsay said...

Your little belly is SOOO cute!!!

Stars&Straps said...

My mom wants to see more belly photos - you have to post more!

Jeanette said...

You are looking great! What a fun vacation! Don't think I am avoiding you...I got your message a long time ago. I'm such a bad friend! Thinking of you and hoping your pregnancy is smooth-sailing!

TerryMaryHarmon said...

Lilian, did you eat a lot or is this a "baby bump" hoping your having a great pregnancy. We miss you and your only a few miles away...