My friend Krisha served me Vanilla ice cream with strawberries and it made it taste homemade and delicious, and now I have to have them in my ice cream. Did anyone else notice that the ice cream portions are shrinking? I noticed with the brands that we buy the most often, Dreyer's and Breyer's. The Dreyer's one was the most noticible, they look so shrinky dink. And yes that's right, they didn't lower the prices. This last time I opted not to buy them and got the store brand instead, that's just my way of protesting for now, I might have to give in. 1.75 quarts to 1.5 ...stinky
Another taste of summer is homemade salsa. I owe this particular recipe to my friend Jami, thanks babe! All you need are these ingredients: cucumber, tomatoes, diced green chiles and a little onion, cilantro is optional (I went without it because I took too much out of my herb pot and killed it, woops!). Then I use Lawry's seasoning, but you could use regular salt. You cut up the cucumber to small cubes and the tomatoes (they usually fall apart; I don't use that many because Mike is semi allergic, but use as many as you want). I also dice up some onion, I use only a tiny bit if the onion is strong. Pour in your can of chiles, seasoning and there you have it!
2 comments:
Well, I AM happy you gave in on the peer pressure and guilt of journaling online. Part time parenting is STILL parenting!
Hi Lilian! I hope its okay but I found your blog through Jami. The strawberries and salsa both look mouthwatering. And I agree with Jami part-time is still parenting. And you guys are AWESOME parents!
Post a Comment